One of the tools to help me making my iguanas food is the meykey electric spiralizer salad maker food grater slicer it makes my job easier to do when i am making my iguanas food here is a pic of the food grater slicer so what tools do you lot use to make you job easier when making your food for your iguanas
Meykey Electric Spiralizer Salad Maker Food Grater Slicer.jpg
After using it
IMG_0090.JPG
I used the food grater slicer on the butternut squash with parsnip and the zucchini i cut it into small pieces

Richard, this is a great combine.
Да.gif

But I usually use the usual grater. Because I'm too lazy to wash the combine (lol!). And if you consider that the iguana diet consists of at least 70% green leaves, then vegetables - there is not a large amount. It is easier for me to use an ordinary hand grater. I have two types of grater (depending on the hardness of vegetables and fruits).
4.jpg12.jpg

Richard, each of us adapts individually. For example, I make food every day. Those. vegetables and fruits are always small amounts.

But in the fall I used a combine. because I received as a gift a lot of small carrots. Of course, I did not want to bother myself (it is very difficult to grate small carrots).
But usually I use a hand grater, because I quickly grate vegetables on a hand grater than to wash the combine.
lol.gif

I use a hand grater as well, but I am seriously thinking about a food-processor as it would save me a fair bit of time when the iguanas are eating more.

Now, if someone would make a machine to pick out bad greens and de-stem and chop the good ones... ha ha

That is a handy device. 58/* Hard vegetable can be frozen for storage. I still do it by hand even with my group since the greens are the biggest portion of the food. I do prepare my greens ahead of time though and I agree Stephen I would love something that could prep my greens for me. +=_

I use both food processor & grater depends on the veges. I use food processor only for butternut squash which I divide into small plastic freezer bags to freeze. That's the only food I freeze. The rest I serve him all fresh.

I might stop using the food processor to freeze butternut soon since Charby is really getting tired of it.

Veges & fruits should be just 30% of green iguana's consumption. 70% should be green leaves which are much harder & pain to prepare like Stephen says lol. I trim off the bad part & stems before chopping.

guys, the main thing is a positive attitude!
It's harder for me to harvest weeds in the summer. I have to find a place where there are no cars, people and dogs. And then I look for weeds. Sometimes it takes at least 1 hour. Therefore, I try to look at nature, sometimes I take a camera, I look at the birds. It is difficult of course to motivate yourself to work with green leaves. But I usually turn on the TV in the kitchen, and I like to do it. If I sort the clover, then I try to do it in the room, in the armchair. I can watch my favorite TV series for an hour, and I do not notice my work.

I usually do it first thing in the morning, in summer, while I am still asleep and my brain can't process boredom.
In winter, when he eats much later, I do it once he climbs down.
I am complaining and I only have 1 [emoji16]

I use both food processor & grater depends on the veges. I use food processor only for butternut squash which I divide into small plastic freezer bags to freeze. That's the only food I freeze. The rest I serve him all fresh.

I might stop using the food processor to freeze butternut soon since Charby is really getting tired of it.

Veges & fruits should be just 30% of green iguana's consumption. 70% should be green leaves which are much harder & pain to prepare like Stephen says lol. I trim off the bad part & stems before chopping.
So we can freeze hard veggies? I am leaving for a month and wanted to make things easier for the iguana sitter. What are others specifically besides butternut squash that I could grate ahead of time and freeze? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can grate hard squash like banana squash and parsnip then freeze. Put it on a pan then freeze. After it is completely frozen then bag it or it will be a solid mass.