So I am really hoping this isn’t some kind of fungal infection. I noticed some brown on her face after the whole egg laying fiasco. I thought it was substrate she had ground into broken skin while digging, and that with some bathing it would come off with a shed. Alas the spots are not disappearing and the nose is taking on a yellow colour around the black crack on her nose. The other spots haven’t changed, but have not left either. It’s her nose that has me thinking it’s something else. The spots behind the top of the eyes look just like the dark crack on her nose did before the skin started going yellow. There are a couple other spots on her face but it’s super hard to get a picture that shows them with clarity.

205EA5D5-B8FA-494A-86EB-3655F7B49500.jpeg D429634A-9FC0-4B38-A3E3-3D41A5CC31D0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I should add the spots look way darker during and after a bath, but are very hard to notice when she’s dry and basking. The nose is still noticible but is always more prominent after the bath. These pics were taken after a bath.

You can see another spot in front of that eye as well. It worries me so. Especially because we are basically out of money for a while. Having her finger removed was already a huge unexpected expense that we need time to recover from. I hope I can manage this without a vet...

So it all looks like normal damage from digging to me. It will take several weeks for her to heal up from the digging. Here is a good shot of Boo's face after her first lay.

DSC06533.jpg

If you can do it without getting bitten you can treat the areas with neosporin but the isn't anything to worry about.

I agree with Ann. These are wounds after digging.
сочувствие.gif
My girls also always have some wounds.
I usually take to treat wounds.

my God I love it when you talk to me like that! this website truly is a godsend. So much stress is alleviated so rapidly through the support of this forum. I would have been forced to take her to the vet again just to be sure, but responses come so fast and are from such trusted sources it saves me money as well as stress. Iguanas should all be sold with a mandatory registration to This site.

Which of us have not been stressed out by iguana girls? I have similar photos of my girls and their wounds on the head. Our Juanita even lost her horn on the nose while digging.

My Lily had a black nose from digging, and it did not go away until she shed. I still have it, the whole discolored snout section came off as once piece. ha ha

My Lily had a black nose from digging, and it did not go away until she shed. I still have it, the whole discolored snout section came off as once piece. ha ha
Stephen, I remember Lily's injuries. Keep us informed about the healing process.
3 сердце.gif