I used raspberry today to encourage him to come on my forearm. Recently, he became very lazy and likes to spend most of the day on the spot. He loves his Megaray! [emoji177]
I wanted to see, if he will follow raspberry[emoji57]

It worked. Oficially black-mailing method for Riu [emoji23] he sat on my forearm for a good few minutes. I can say that he definitely gained weight! He is not as light as he used to be [emoji85] my hand hurts! But I could scratch him in this position, he didn't mind both of my hands in use. Also, he used my sweter sleeve to scratch his face. He was suprised how good it felt for him [emoji1787] he is a funny guy recently!

He learns to enjoy communicating with you.
lol смеется.gif
Да.gif

Good day everyone :)

Jsut a quick update from us.

Riu enjoying basil:

This one is quite long but you can see how I tempt him to go out on my hand with raspberry:

In 3:34 he stars climbing my hand. It was already his 3rd one that evening, so he was wondering if it is worth his effort :ROFLMAO:

Also, I have recorder this reaction (0:12 - specific). I am not sure why he doest this kind of movements sometimes, is it to scare me or he maybe sees himself in the windows? But it was pointed towards me I'd say. He does it sometimes when he gets angry I think but then reacts normally and allows me to touch him etc. So, I don't know how to interpret it:

Other then that, he is always my baby and behaves quite good :unsure:

He is just a delightful diamond. I love to watch the completion of your actions - when he begins to eat. Particularly impressive is the size of the raspberry compared to his mouth.
lol.gif

He's such a sweet cutie.
сердце в руках.gif

I understood what you meant. You can read this topic. https://www.ourreptileforum.com/community/threads/iguana-shudders.9994/
This is normal. It is believed that in this way iguanas can take the stress off all muscles.
Over the past 2 weeks, this is the third question about a similar phenomenon.

Och wow [emoji1787][emoji85] i am here so long and I didn't know that. Thank you Irina! I was affraid it was some kind of agression towards me or things around, but on the other side, I don't give him any reason to be mad at me and also, he doesn't puff up or make agressive look as usually an angry iguanas do.

Thank you. [emoji8][emoji108]

PS. Raspberries are quite soft and melts in his mouth,,so even if there are no small berries left anymore in the package, he manages to eat all of them easily [emoji847]

I glad that I helped you. We all experienced shock from such convulsive body movements of iguanas. Especially scary when the iguana is in your hands at this time. And when you do not know - what's the matter.
Отчаяние.gif
lol.gif

When I wrote about raspberries, I meant that there is a special charm of the eater. They open their mouths so sweetly.
нежная.gif

I call them iguana burps. +=_ Irina is right they are completely normal.

He is such a suspicious little guy. I bet your arm was very tired after that but he will continue to develop more confidence as you work with him.

Wow, he really loves Basil. I haven't tried it lately with mine so maybe I will give it another go.