Mariana, eggs can be seen on ultrasound. There may be no visible eggs on the x-ray. If you remember the case of our Kiwi. We did an x-ray, but an x-ray did not show 1 egg. Unfortunately, our vet did not send us an autopsy foto. So maybe it was a follicle ... Now we can only guess.

It depends on if the eggs have calcified. If they have they will show on an x-ray and she should be at the point if there are any left they would show.

Lily laid another egg today while I was at work, plus some extra slime that may be a partially formed egg. That brings the confirmed total to 45. She ate well, two big bowls of salad, but was not interested in leaving the enclosure so I will have to check for more eggs in the morning.

The poor little angel must be tired of this.

Thanks, Ann. You confirmed my guesses. Follicles are visible on the x-ray, if there are many. But single follicles are hard to see.
Another tip. If you do an x-ray, then in two projections. Sometimes eggs are not visible only from the back.

Stephen, good luck to you and little Lily!
объятия.gif

Well she is in the recovery stage and even though it is a pain you want her to get every egg out. The slime may have been an uncalcified egg and you really want her to get rid of those.

Well, she actually laid four eggs on Monday, plus something that looks like an unformed egg. The two yellow eggs were laid in the bedroom with the one I found on Monday (but not discovered until Tuesday morning), but the bottom egg and the white material was laid later in the day while Lily was in her enclosure.

Lily_Jan29_eggs.jpg

She continues to eat really well, and her poops are getting to be large again. Her urates appear to be perfectly white, although there is still soil on the floor of her enclosure so I only see it when she poops on the end of a towel or something.

I should use spoiler tags for this next photo, casual visitors might not want to see her poop, urates, and the mucus plug I will be asking about...

Lily_Jan29_2019_mucus_plug.jpg

I am assuming the mucus is normal when iguanas lay eggs... there certainly is when mammals give birth... but I am embarassed to admit that I have not really aquainted myself well with the repoductive process. Until she laid, I was mainly concerned with making a comfortable nest for Lily, and watching for symptoms of egg-binding or distress.

Anyway, if this is something I do need to worry about, please let me know! And thanks again to everyone for all the great advice and support, I have been an emotional wreck for the last few weeks and could not have gotten though this without you!

Stephen, when Juanita had the analogous mucus, our veterinarian from Moscow said that it was urine in amorphous form. I have no other information.
But I am glad that Lily feels well, despite the fact that she brings you suprises in the form of new eggs.
Отчаяние.gif

I have never noticed them with my girls but they could have been laid in the bins and I would never have found them. +=_ So they do not look like eggs at all so I do not believe there is anything to worry about and it is normal females to have mucus plugs so I would think that is what they are.

Late laying like this is normal so don't worry about that and she may have more left. As long as she is doing well I don't see any reason to worry at all.

Sorry, my parents are elderly and I have been dealing with some medical issues for them.

Lily is doing fine. She is eating an incredible amount of salad, and recently shed the stained and damaged scales on her nose.

Feb10a.jpg

Here you can see I interrupted her eating in the bathroom yesterday. She still has shed on her head, but her nose is nice and clean again.

Feb10b.jpg

Here is another photo from yesterday... that was her fourth bowl of salad by 11:00am, and she just about licked it clean! All told, she ate more than 5L of salad yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Precious girl.
сердце в руках.gif
I am very happy for her.
веселится c сердечками.gif

Thank you, Stephen, for the good news. I regret that you have problems with your parents.
сочувствие.gif
Thank you for taking the time for us and talking about Lily.

She is healthy, happy and quickly getting fuller. This is always good to hear.
Take care of yourself and your parents [emoji3590]