Welcome to the forum!!!

I might be the unpopular person to say this but if you are not sure to keep this iguana or not sure if you can commit for this iguana for next long years to come I recommend to just drive down the south & let her go back to the wild.

Green iguanas need a lot of work to stay healthy in captivity even though you live in Florida.

It is a good point Taka and one I just never considered. It is something she can think about as well and there is nothing wrong with pointing out all of the options.

Welcome to the forum!!!

I might be the unpopular person to say this but if you are not sure to keep this iguana or not sure if you can commit for this iguana for next long years to come I recommend to just drive down the south & let her go back to the wild.

Green iguanas need a lot of work to stay healthy in captivity even though you live in Florida.

Welcome to the forum!!!

It is illegal to release an iguana in Florida. Only to keep, rehome, or humanely kill (never!). There is a rescue about an hour a way that will take her if I can't handle her. She has warmed up and seems to be afraid. No wonder. She will stay still while I talk softly to her through the cage. She is eating and defecating. The commitment is not a problem as I have an African Grey. I just want to do the right thing by her.

Sandyin, I wish you good luck in any decision you make.
2 сердце.gif

Welcome to the forum!!!

I get what you are trying say but that really is not a good idea if he can't handle it he needs to take it to a rescue centre sandyinflorida if you need help let us know we will try our best to help you out :)

I wish you good luck!
веселится c сердечками.gif

How is your girl's behavior now?
There are a lot of articles on taming iguanas on the forum. Please ask if you need help.

I wish you good luck!
веселится c сердечками.gif

How is your girl's behavior now?
There are a lot of articles on taming iguanas on the forum. Please ask if you need help.
Thanks so much! She is warm now and is scared more. I can still go to the cage and speak softly and she does not flip out. Sudden movement gets her agitated.

Thanks Irina!!! That is amazing!
Getting a big enough cage set up and properly accessorized is somewhat intimidating. I found a couple of rescues near me that I will be calling today for their help. I appreciate you and everyone on her for such good advice and guidance!!

Sadly this is too common in florida people buying a iguana thinking there will stay little but when the iguana gets too big for them there release them into the wild which can do more damage to the environment

Sorry, I did not understand your last message.

j75
You can create a theme about a terrarium. We will try to help you with advice. First of all, it is necessary to determine the place and size of the future terrarium. Perhaps you have building materials, or old furniture that can be used.

Most of the time your girl will live in the yard, thanks to your beautiful climate. Therefore, a terrarium for cold weather can be made more modest.