It is surreal how sweet she is. We are working on getting her a couple of large cages, one for the screened patio and another for the house .
Iguanas have special magic. I'm glad you want to leave this girl in your house. прыгает.gif

So have you decided to keep her?
Not positive yet. My daughter has renamed her Margarita. So far she is sweet. Today I stroked her foot through the cage and she freaked out, sorta panicked Now I can open it up and she is ok with me stroking her and misting with warm water. She is eating some butternut squash and looks very green.

She probably didn't see you before you touched her.+=_ She may not be that calm once she is feeling better but it is hard to know what their temperament is before you have spent time with them. An iguana that is sick, which would be how she feels after all she has been through, will often be very calm. Once she feels better and is used to her new situation she may get spunkier.

If she came from the wild then she is. If she was someones pet that got out then maybe only a little but you have a chance to start bonding with her right now while she is calm and that should help. Spending time with her and stroking her, hand feeding, bath time are all ways you can help her feel more comfortable. Scarl has an amazing way with his iguanas here is one of his threads.

Darwin

For now I can tell you how Ann. We must see how the iguana will behave. Keep us updated.

If she came from the wild then she is. If she was someones pet that got out then maybe only a little but you have a chance to start bonding with her right now while she is calm and that should help. Spending time with her and stroking her, hand feeding, bath time are all ways you can help her feel more comfortable. Scarl has an amazing way with his iguanas here is one of his threads.

Darwin
Thanks Anne!

I found an interesting link for you. This is the most difficult case of receiving the untamed iguana (although this iguana was sold in the store). If desired, you can tame the iguana. At least this example should inspire you.
In addition, you have an unusual situation when the iguana asked for your help. Now you have no choice but to help her. And I hope that your girl will appreciate your diligence and care for her.
https://ourreptileforum.com/community/threads/theme-for-the-rhône-about-zania.12795/

I found an interesting link for you. This is the most difficult case of receiving the untamed iguana (although this iguana was sold in the store). If desired, you can tame the iguana. At least this example should inspire you.
In addition, you have an unusual situation when the iguana asked for your help. Now you have no choice but to help her. And I hope that your girl will appreciate your diligence and care for her.
https://ourreptileforum.com/community/threads/theme-for-the-rhône-about-zania.12795/
That is amazing! Thank you!

Welcome to the forum!!!

I might be the unpopular person to say this but if you are not sure to keep this iguana or not sure if you can commit for this iguana for next long years to come I recommend to just drive down the south & let her go back to the wild.

Green iguanas need a lot of work to stay healthy in captivity even though you live in Florida.

Last edited:
I might be the unpopular person to say this
Taka, you have a very good opinion. First of all, it is about saving the animal. Here it is really necessary to take into account all factors. Unfortunately, Florida iguanas do not have a safe life. It is necessary to make a decision that those who care for this girl now also be happy, and that the iguana find the safest place to live.