Great news that she takes a good interest in food.
Хлопает.gif

How was day of Berkeley?

She basked for the afternoon yesterday, but retreated to the nest again by lights out, and was digging up a storm. I have a feeling there may be more In there this morning but I’m gonna leave her be. She had all the essentials yesterday so I’ll just do the same every time she crawls out.

It is nice she took a break for recovery. I hope she will finish up today but she could drop one or two eggs for several days after the main lay.

Yes she just crawled out 20 mins ago. Gave her a bath, with a water syringe. She’s basking and eating right now. Laid another 17 eggs. Total of 31 so far.

What a good girl. dq3 That is really good she is taking breaks and eating between times she lays. I think you are getting closer but she probably has more to go.

I’m gonna leave the nest up until we take her for a vet check after this is all over with. Probably book it for early March. We want to make sure all the eggs are out. We couldn’t get blood last time so I hope to get a blood check done for calcium. I’d like to know how that fares. She looks tired but is not ornery at all. Honestly seems in good spirits all things considering.

So the usual routine is they lay the main eggs and then there will be one or two that show up during the next week. If she doesn't have another digging frenzy and lay another large group she is likely done and you may find one or two later. From the look of her eggs in the photo her calcium looked good and she hasn't had any problem laying so I think she is fine in the calcium area. Once she is eating again just add calcium powder to her food as normal. It is only during the egg laying time when she is not eating well that you need to make her take additional calcium.

I was planning on returning to her normal calcium routine now that she has started eating again. The food gets misted regularly, so as long as she is eating she is getting water. Even when she was in digging mode extreme I never noticed any damage to her fingers. She has yet to show any interest in the nest since she left it yesterday. She still has some coconut noir on her face I couldn’t get off lol. I even pulled out an extra soft toothbrush and tried to delicately brush off the stuck substrate while she was bathing this morning. I ultimately failed, and decided not to test her patience further. We have our fingers crossed that she won’t turn nasty now that this chapter is coming to a close. She’s been such a good lizard lately😍

So being all paranoid I went to check her one bad claw (toe was broken when we got her so it lays flat) and it looks like there is minor damage from it not being straight when she digs. I just cleaned it as best I can and applied some Flamazine. Gonna book a vet visit. Can’t see how they can straighten it without re breaking it and setting it, but that won’t stay due to iguana life. May need have to have that toe nail amputated. It hasn’t been a problem because she doesn’t try to dig any other time of the year. Alas if she is gonna lay eggs every year that toe is gonna eat ripped off in a bad way. I don’t want her losing an arm to gangrene wet or dry. I’ll see what the vet thinks.

Hard to see in the picture, but the flesh is worn away to a small degree and it looks a bit raw. That glossy stuff on it is flamazine and humidity as she is basking above her humidifier.

A3992C54-4EF4-4592-AEB5-E493F642300C.jpeg

Well you are right it is really hard to see in the photo. +=_ If there is any problem with the toe they would remove it. These injuries are not uncommon and there is really no way to set the toe. My vet always has me clean the area with betadine and put honey on the wound. Honey promotes skin and tissue growth. You can cover it with a band aid to keep stuff from sticking to it and it should be done daily. If it looks like it is dying then have that area of toe removed but you can treat it at home if it is just a normal wound.

Judging by the damage I personally think removing it is best for her in the long run. I wanna get x rays and bloodwork done so I’ll just make sure that they have someone who can sedate/ anesthetize her for the removal. It’s as easy as an amputation gets really. I always had a feeling that one day that funky toe would sustain damage. I don’t have any betadine at the moment, and getting it requires a vet visit so I’ll just get on that.

It sounds like it would be the best thing to do. Wow, they won't sell betadine without a prescription. I would have the vet give you one so you can keep it on hand for any injuries.

i Haven’t been able to find it anywhere but a vet. I’m sure I could get some without a visit as I’ve been there a few times already, but I actually need a vet visit this time. If I remember correctly the betadine has a short life span?